Life isnât as complicated or as scary as you might think. With just a few, simple truths, you can make your life a lot easier, more productive, and more enjoyable.
Most of us are worried about things that donât matter. If we could see the reality of the situation, weâd worry a lot less.
Weâre also making life more challenging than it needs to be.
- The Universe doesnât care. Sometimes it seems like the sun, the moon, and the stars are plotting against you, but itâs simply not true. The universe doesnât play favorites. It doesnât care. Itâs up to you to create the life you desire.
- Ninety-nine percent of the people in your life donât really care, either. Most people arenât that concerned with your happiness and success. Theyâre too busy worrying about themselves to worry about you. So, their opinions donât really matter.
- In the long run, your mistakes wonât matter. If youâre worried about messing up, making an incorrect decision, or a mistake youâve made, ask yourself if it will make a difference in a hundred years. If not, you can avoid worrying about it.
- Itâs important to be choosy with regards to friends and romantic partners. Your life is incredibly important to you. Consequently, itâs important to be incredibly selective about who you allow into your life. The people in your life can make it significantly better or worse.
- Things beyond your control donât deserve your attention. If you canât affect it, whatâs the point in worrying about it? Put your attention on something you can influence.
- Happiness and success donât have to happen at the same time. There are successful people that are miserable. There are happy people that are struggling. Becoming successful wonât necessarily make you happy. If you seem to be failing left and right, it doesnât mean you canât be happy.
- Making a mediocre choice is better than making no choice. Even if you donât make the best choice, at least youâre moving forward. When you fail to make a decision, the decision will ultimately be made for you, and it wonât be in your best interest.
- Itâs often surprising what people will do if youâll just ask. Most people are more accommodating than you might think. Instead of trying to take on the world alone, considering asking for some help now and then. You never know if you donât ask. If your request is refused, youâre not any worse off.
- Make your health a priority. Weâd all be better off if we had made eating nutritiously and exercising a habit in our teenage years. Itâs not too late to start. The sooner, the better. Decide to make your health a priority today. If you wait for a health crisis to take your health seriously, youâve fallen way behind.
- How you spend your time matters. The quality of your life is determined by how you spend your time each day. Spending time on frivolous activities doesnât add value to your life. Think about how you spend your time. If youâll use it more productively, your life will be more fulfilling.
Understanding the basics of life makes the whole game easier. Life becomes complicated when we ignore these basic ideas. For example, if you believe the universe is fundamentally against you, and you let just anyone into your inner circle, where is your life likely to end up?
Accept responsibility for your life, realize what matters to you, and spend your time wisely. Allow these truths to set you free.